Saw this recipe from Facebook and thought this would be a great treat for my kids especially after exam week. After a brief search, it seems that there are a lot of sites that has published this particular recipe, I hope this won’t be deemed copying. (I can’t find the original source, so I can’t give due credits).
2 lbs chicken tenders or 4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup whole milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoon butter
1. Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut
each chicken breast into 3 large pieces.
2. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans.
3. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture
around to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese.
5. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then press the cheesy coated chicken into the
cracker crumbs and press it in.
6. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
8. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown
9. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken
soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk.
10. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot.
Serve over the chicken.